Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turning Japanese

I always manage to pick alts with ethnic surnames. I suppose I do this as a corrective to make up for my RL WASP sounding name which doesn't match my RL appearance. Now, what tends to happen is that newbies from the country of origin of my chosen surname seem to think that I am one of them, leading to much confusion. Especially when the newbie in question picks a name that does not reflect their ethnic heritage at all.


[11:33] Marcus Dancer: Hi
[11:33] Amanda Amaterasu: Hello
[11:34] Marcus Dancer: Your costume is cute.
[11:34] Amanda Amaterasu: It's not a costume, but thanks
[11:34] Marcus Dancer: I'm Japanese.
[11:34] Amanda Amaterasu: OK
[11:35] Marcus Dancer: I am doing SecondLife after a long time.
[11:35] Marcus Dancer: You often come here?
[11:36] Amanda Amaterasu: To this room or to SL?
[11:36] Marcus Dancer: This room.
[11:36] Amanda Amaterasu: Not really, unless I'm really bored
[11:36] Amanda Amaterasu laughs
[11:37] Marcus Dancer: You are Spanish?
(this particular alt has a Spanish surname)
[11:37] Amanda Amaterasu: No, American
[11:38] Marcus Dancer: I want to play vertual sex with you......
[11:38] Amanda Amaterasu: No thanks
[11:39] Marcus Dancer: Sorry.

No comments: